A stylish pair celebrates their silver anniversary with thoughtful life reflection
Photographs: Courtesy of Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams
Twenty-five years ago Mitchell Gold and Bob Williams set out to build a business with $60,000 and a dream. Today, the trend-setting furniture duo lead a $100 million business founded on solid core values that not only guide how to design but how to live. So in honor of their twenty-five years, the pair have released a book Who We Are, based on twenty-five mantras for running a great business and living a well-designed life with comfort, caring and style.
Some Guiding Principles for A Well-Lived Life
- For a sense of calm, limit the color in a room and use no more than three or four, with at least two being accents.
- Let your pets and kids on the furniture. No room should be off limits. Encourage lounging.
- Make your bed every morning and teach your children to make their beds. It makes you feel neater.
- The colors you wear have a good chance of looking good in your home.
- Surround yourself with people who make you feel good. Do this in business too.