Insider's Guide to Greenwich
Top 5 out of 75 fun things you should know if you live here
1. If you fall into the group of tongue-tied lovers of Le Pain Quotidien who would sooner change breakfast locations than attempt to pronounce its name out loud, we consulted our local French contingent to clear it up once and for all: luh pan kwo-tid-yeh. Now walk in with your head held high and order that pain au chocolat. Le Pain Quotidien, 382 Greenwich Avenue, (203) 404-7533; lepainquotidien.com
19. A superb spa treatment will mentally transport you, but how about for real? The Spa at Delamar is now offering a Loyalty Rewards program where you earn points that can be redeemed for free products, services or an overnight stay at Delamar Greenwich Harbor. Each time you visit the spa they’ll give you one point for every dollar you spend. The Spa at Delamar, 500 Steamboat Road, (203) 413-3520; delamargreenwich.com
42. More women in town are getting their hair done together (why not, especially if you’re all headed to the same party or restaurant afterward?). At Do’s, a new blowout bar, you can book a Thursday night blowout party with your favorite friends, and enjoy a steady flow of cocktails as you get washed and coiffed for a big night out. They also host parties in the comfort of your home. Do’s, 25 Lewis Street, (203) 489-3200; doshair.com
56. Help your mile-a-minute kids chill out—in both mind and body. Head to Jois Yoga, just off of Field Point Road. It was recently opened by co-owner and Ashtanga devotee, Sonia Jones (wife of Paul Tudor Jones). The studio offers Ashtanga classes for tweens and teens. Have them give it a try at Jois’ free kids open house from 1-2 p.m. for ages seven to twelve on Saturday, February 2. Jois Yoga, 8 Dayton Avenue, (203) 340-9196; joisyoga.com
63. You’d love to bring the hostess a monogrammed gift but the typical wait time makes it nearly impossible. Surroundings offers a 24-hour turnaround for monogramming tea towels, potholders, aprons, dinner napkins and fabric wine coasters in pretty, graphic fabrics. During the month of January, enjoy 20 percent off monogrammed items in the store. Surroundings, 79 East Putnam Avenue; (203) 422-5960; surroundings-greenwich.com
For the complete list pick up the January/February 2013 issue of Greenwich Magazine on newstands now.