10 Things Greenwich Teens Can Do This Summer
One Greenwich teen shares some suggestions for summer fun!
1. Bring a picnic to Todd’s Point! Eat dinner with friends on the picnic tables lining the water and walk along the path while the sun sets.
3. Wake up before the sun, grab some blankets, and head over to the beach to watch the sunrise with friends or a boyfriend/girlfriend. Snuggle up and watch the array of colors in the sky dance as a new day is born. Stop by Upper Crust Bagel Company on the drive back for a delicious breakfast.
4. Pack some sandwiches from Aux Delices and rent sailboats and paddleboards for a day on the water. (Hint: Chicken salad sandwich on multigrain bread roll or the chicken quesadillas are particularly amazing!)
5. For a special occasion, gather a group of friends and dine on the private outdoor patio at Terra.
6. Spend an afternoon strolling down Greenwich Avenue. Be sure to stop by Kate Spade for their vibrant handbags and wallets. The bright colors and eyelet patterns offered are sure to keep spirits high and hearts light as summer draws to a close. J Crew and Urban Outfitters are perfect stops to stock up on back-to-school clothes. J Crew offers classic and put-together styles whose high quality and timeless looks assure you will wear any piece you buy for many years. Urban Outfitters provides great everyday wear options that are fashionable and comfortable.
7. Read some books that you have been dying to delve into all year but have never gotten the chance!
8. Enjoy the outdoors and nature by reserving Island Beach for a night of camping! Get some friends together and spend the evening having a BBQ, bonfire, and swim before you settle into the tent for the night.
9. Get creative in the kitchen by whipping up a fun summer treat! Cool off by making a Lemon Lime Slush Cup with Mint.
10. Stay active with your family by biking on Mianus Maze trail in the Mianus River Park. It has a series of trails in the forested area that are suitable for both beginner and intermediate bikers. The plethora of trails total fourteen miles in linear distance. Bike for as long or as short a time as you would like — either way you get to exercise and enjoy everything nature and a beautiful summer day have to offer!