New Year, New You!
A guide to goal setting for 2014
With every New Year, there is a chance to start over, start fresh and renew. Now is the time to find what is it is that you truly like to do, and set goals to become both happy and healthy! Where to begin? Every New Year I like to revisit my Get Fit with Britt Life Map, a template I created that asks important questions that help you develop your goals and stick to them. Write down the answers to the below questions and see where it leads you!
I want to create a life for myself and my family that is ______________.
- What are my favorite things to do by myself?
- What are my favorite things to do with my family?
Spiritually it’s a priority for me to ______________.
- What are my favorite places / things to do that are spiritual?
- How often can go to my spiritual place?
Physically it’s a priority for me to ______________.
- What is my favorite physical activity?
- How often can I do my favorite physical activity?
- How can I improve my diet to make sure I’m healthy from the inside out?
- Who can help me to achieve my health and wellness goals?
- Personally it’s a priority for me to ______________.
- Professionally it’s a priority for me to ______________.
- Things that interest me are ______________.
Places that I want to go ______________.
- Potential companies that align with what I’m interested in are ______________. (For example, I love surfing, so it makes sense to write down Quicksilver. I love watching basketball, so why not put down ESPN)
- What are some trends/themes/repeated words that are seen in the answers of the above questions?
- What ties all these trends/themes/repeated words together?
- What do I need to do in the next 24 hours to help me get to where I want to be?
- What do I need to do in the next month?
- What do I need to do in the next six months?
- What do I need to do in the next year?
- What do I need to do in the next two years?
- Where achievements do I see myself accomplishing in the next five years?
Good luck with your goals!